Apr 9, 2005

Rehearsal

Eimaj picked me up and we rehearsed for a couple hours. I'm relieved to find that my body feels better today. Much less stiff and old. (yay) I didn't dance hard though because i was mostly trying to observe and pick up the many steps that are fuzzy or incompleted. I'd dance, stop, watch her feet while moving my arms... But i'm starting to feel the dance in my body again: that old feeling of wanting to move when i am still. When we raced like fucking maniacs drove to the University i instinctively found myself rolling my torso with eyes and chin movements in the backseat. It was once so natural: a part of me and everything i did. When i stood in a grocery line, i'd subtley balanced on one foot in t r b n g i
Image hosted by Photobucket.com and brushed my teeth in c h k a.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
It's cool.
I like it.
I miss it and it feels good.

The Guru invited to join a couple performances while i'm here! I'm not ready yet, but i wouldn't mind working and seeing what i can do. It would be a kick to get into costume again. We'd have to make a decision soon re: which dances we'd perform and then i'd have to focus. But again, time is limited, so what is best? Work on a new dance? Technique? Reconstructing an old? Or working on this performance? I dunno.

Well shiznit... Never got to speak with D today and he must be asleep. At least he sent me a quick email. That made me happy.

I suppose i ought turn in since we've gotta be up early.

Also tomorrow a student from Canada will be here working on her upcoming R n P r v s. I'd love to fly back for the occasion (and take a few more lessons?) A R n g r v s is a super big deal for an aspiring d a n c e r. It's 2 hour solo that marks a dancer's official debut.

No comments: