Apr 13, 2005

Pathetic

Maybe i'm not worthy of being in a relationship. Maybe it's too much to ask someone to put up with me. I need validation. I need strokes. Is there something wrong with me? Am i desparately needy? Or just afraid. Is it based in reality or is it in my head? Every spare minute i check to see if he's emailed me. On baited breath i incessantly refresh. I concoct erroneous stories in my head. If i was him i'd be weary. I need to be needed. I want to feel constantly loved. Why do i feel like i'm operating from some defecit? Never enough? I'm so sorry to be such a pain. Such a mess. Sometimes i feel like i've lost all control and am embarassingly crazy in the head.

4 comments:

Hannah said...

I can't answer that, I've got the same problem.

IB said...

really?

G Dawney said...

Ladies, you are at your most vulnerable right now. I went through this with several different boys before I married G-Man. Let me tell you some of the differences in my relationship with my husband and those "other" boys.

- I was as honest about who I was as I could possibly be, when I was with G-Man
- I allowed myself to be happy whether I was with him or not.
- I trusted that he would not hurt me.
- We talked, unstoppably, for the first 3 months that we dated, about everything.
- I shared my true self with him.

That last one was, and continues to be, the MOST important thing. Can you share your true, the-way-I-am-when-no-one-is-around, self with him?

When you find the guy that inspires you to do that--he's a keeper

G Dawney said...

Indy - you might want to consider switching your comments to Haloscan or Enetation. Blogger comments have a nasty nasty tendency to go down in the middle of something important. I use Haloscan myself. I will warn you, though, that if you do switch, you will lose your current comments.