Apr 2, 2005

En Route (still)

Well of course i missed my flight! (Again.) That's my MO! I've lost count how many flights i've missed this last year but its gotta be about a half dozen. But this time it wasn't my fault! I swear! I swear! We sat and fidgeted in the eensy tiny rickety commuter plane in the Kennedy Airport runway for about an hour in a downpour waiting to be cleared for take off. By the time we arrived in the 2nd airport and i made it to gate C5 for my connecting flight, they'd just shut the doors and left my poor abandoned Lebanese booty behind! Boohoo!

So, stuck in D.C. am i for the night.

I shuttled into the main terminal where i tracked down a frazzled airline employee who gifted me with a pink "distressed passenger" hotel voucher, waited in the faaaaa-reeezing downpour and shuttled here to the Hampton Inn while trying not to get hit by a bolt of lighting along the way. I'd love to change out of these drenched clothes but since i don't have my luggage, i've cranked the heater up to 80 instead. (It's so exciting to use a heater! They don't have them in Hawaii!) I can't wait until my delivery Thai food arrives so i can strip down out of these sopping jeans and take a hot bath.

Currently I'm watching the comedy station eating M & M's from the vending machine around the corner. I wonder if D is watching it too?

I've spent so much money today it makes me sick. After the $7 airport sandwich, it occured to me that it might be a good idea to save all my receipts during this trip to prevent becoming lackadaisacal and removed aoout what i'm spending - i have to reign myself in since since the Guru expenses will be high: lessons, music - and i officially have no income! What i spend is gone. Gone gone. For good. Nothin refueling the tank. I didn't plan to spend seventy stupid bucks for stupid t'shirts, but come on now, I couldn't greet The Guru empty handed! Are you kidding me? How rude would i be? Besides, whenever she wears her "I (heart) New York" shirt and he drinks out of his Big Apple mug, they'll know i care. Afterall, they're picking me up from the airport, letting me stay in their home and giving of themselves their very precious time and love. Its the least i could do. Really, i wish i could do much more. But, seventy bucks for t'shirt and mugs?!! Oy Vey!

Anyway, maybe i'll keep track of it here?! That would keep me accountable to myself and give D a chance to help scold me if need be. Ok, today's expenses:

$9.75 - 1 roasted vege sandwich and diet coke at the airport
$70.30 - 2 New York T'shirts and coffee mugs for The Guru & the Mr. (ARRRRG)
$74.64 - overnight at the Hampton Inn (thanks for the "discount" u turkeys)
$23.00 - Delivery Thai food dinner
$4.64 - M & M's, diet coke, and finger nail polish remover
$3.00 - vending machine snacks (i am STARVING. Where's this Thai food?! It's been an hour and half!)

For a whopping grand total of:
______________________
$185.33

ohhhh lorrrrrd.....

And i haven't even gotten there yet...

::sigh:::

Well, i better call The Guru back. She just got my message that i won't be arriving and called left me a phone message. On the bright side. This computer R O C K S as does this cell phone.... How incredibly cool it is to be able to blog and email from the comfort of my cozy little 80 degree room. Also, lets here it for hotel rooms. YAAAAAY.... They also ROCK.... My own little t.v. My own little mini coffee maker with little mini cofffe bags, my own little ice cube bucket and my very own little King size bed... hehe.. YAY.

Ok, time to call... byebye for now!

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Have you got a wireless connection for your laptop?

Wow... that's a lot of money. Double checking here: you paid $70 for two t-shirts and two mugs????????

Wow. You must be really enthusiastic. :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the day from hell.