Apr 7, 2005

I'm bummed and tired. My back hurts. Given, my time crunch, in a way today felt like kind of a waste. I just spent 3 hours talking with Eimaj instead of rehearsing the way we'd planned. We sat on the hard wood floor and gabbed. Maybe i was avoiding attempting to move my stiff body, (and delicately no less) but there's just so much to catch up on and i need to know the full picture to make good, sound decisions about the future. The scene here is clearly as equally dysfunctional as ever. Some things she told me made me drop my jaw! I was in disbelief. The insanity. The irrational behavior. The insensitivity and apparent obliviousness to the effects. Its so sad and such a waste. Such a terrible waste!

Before that "rehearsal" i hung out in The Guru's office - first stacking and organizing her books until i became distracted by this and had to start reading it. Its strange. She was a friend of the Guru's. The Guru gave guest workshops at her village. Her U.S. tour was the first time i'd ever seen (or heard) of the artform and hooked me for life. And now here she is - on the cover of this book: all about her life. Wow. I knew she was known, but i had no idea how big of star she was! It's so strange how far removed we are here (in the U.S.) from the importance of this dance: and the notoriety of the people The Guru knows. So weird.

Surreal!

Tomorrow morning i'll drive her to her workshop.

nite'

No comments: