Apr 23, 2005

Asi Asi

I berated myself horribly. I don't care how beautiful people said it was, i knew the truth. It was horrible. Horrific. Horrendous. Horsepuckey.

Humliating.

But they "loved it" just the same, so what does it matter? Maybe it shouldn't but it does. I was afraid to go "home" for fear of facing the Guru. The shame.

Boy was i in for a surprise.

She grinned and congratulated me. She said the Mr. called from his trip and said to make sure i knew he was proud of me. Apparently she's arranged another performance for this Friday, and she's not worried. It's experience. And i have to get back in the swing of things. Afterall it's been six years. She said in 2 years she thinks i could become world class (if i work hard.) That's quite a vote of confidance which i doubt i'm worthy of. But despite my skepticism i am touched. She/he/this means alot to me. It's an honor being here.

3 comments:

Hannah said...

Congratulations! :)


GOOOOOO INDIGO! :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on making it through!

IB said...

hehe... thanks guys..

sunshine, i really don't think i'm being modest.. but i do agree i need to try to let up on myself a bit... i just have a really hard time breaking that cyclical abusive self talk once it flairs up, ya know?

omega, yes by the skin of my teeth!! haha