Apr 5, 2005

My First Lesson

Just came back from my first private lesson. The studio was icey cold and the tile floor stung my bare feet. She showed me the first three steps and we worked through them slowly. Correcting and recorrecting until exact. I don't know how we'll possibly complete this 8 minute dance in only 1 month at such a rate. I'll really need to get it together, and not mess around with basic errors on foot positioning or turns or incorrect gestures. It would easy to be discouraged, and between that and thinking of D i am in a somber mood. But i will persist. Even if we go incredibly slow, its a good feeling to know that she will insist on exactness and accuracy. At this point, i have much confidance in her investment in my dnce. She will not allow me to slide, or for things to not look right. This is far preferrable to sloppily gobbling up new dances that aren't correct. And i am grateful for her help.

Well, i hear the sounds of cooking downstairs. I will go see if she'll allow me to assist. The Mr is watching TV and drinking the Starbucks mocha i brought him from the store.

No comments: