Feb 1, 2005

Transition

Oh my. Time to go back to work, i suppose. What am i going to do? Where am i going to start? I don't know my way around here since we've gone virtually nowhere. I'm at a loss. I don't even know what field to pursue anymore. It will be so strange to leave the comfort and security of this studio and his company. Perhaps the longer i stay in, the more intimidated and anxious i feel. How will it change the dynamics of our relationship? Will he be lonely without me here, or will he feel relief to again have alone time? Both? Will he resent me? Will he be proud of me? Will he wish he could work too?

A few days ago we had a 6 month anniversary of the date we met and moved in together, so he told me. Is that possible? Its been six months of being together. Talking, sleeping, playing on-line games, watching tv and eating. He met my parents and entire extended family the second month at a terrifying family event. I met his too and spent Thanskgiving at his Grandmothers. He's hinted to his best friends that we might get married and introduced me to strangers as his fiancee.

How did this all happen? How did i get to this strange state, so many thousands of miles away from my former home? What will our future be? Will it be a collective one? Its so hard to know and even harder to believe in. Love is scary. There is so much potential for hurt. Then again, so much capacity for joy. Despite the various moments of strain and tension and uncertainty since embarking upon this journey, these have been perhaps the most lovely and fullfilled months of my life. I really can see us being togther. I think this might work out!

5 comments:

Hannah said...

Yay for Indigo! I bet it's not easy.. wait a sec, I KNOW love isn't easy. Somebody once compared it to a rollercoaster ride... you have to take the ups with the downs. So just remember I've got my fingers crossed for you and good luck!

Hannah said...

After going back and reading your last posts... it sounds like you really need to go out and do SOMETHING. Get a job, meet somebody new, find some new friends, go do something, preferably away from Dave. It'll make you appreciate the time that you've got with him even more and make you more sure of yourself... especially knowing that he's at home waiting to give you a big hug and welcome you back.

Also, I hate to be the little, irritating, niggling voice, but moving around a bit more would be good for your muscles. You said you've lost 35 pounds: great! But your body needs to be maintained, even if it's just making sure you go for a walk every day.

Good luck and yell at me if I'm being too bossy. Blame it on the fact that I'm bored!

Ebriel said...

Hey Indigo ~ I second Hannah...6 months is time for a change! paying by the minute in a cambodian internet cafe, will write more soon

IB said...

Thx for the feedback guys... Great advice that i will consider seriousy.

Also, i anxiously look forward to hearing more from you Emily...

Aloha,

I

Hannah said...

But not from me?

It sounds like you're going in the right direction by thinking about what you want to do. Just don't get suck there, okay?