Feb 20, 2005

I didn't know Sylvester Stallone was a prolific screenwriter! I didn't know he wrote Rocky and Rambo! Well props to meathead then.


Good for you.

"Have you ever had a dream you were so sure was real?"

It took a few extra years, but i finally, finally saw the infamous Matrix last night. I've been meaning to see it for a long time, but somehow never got around to the flick that supposedly sparked a cinematic revolution. Sure enough, I dug it. Through years of overhearing comments, i'd expected snazzy high-tech visual effects, but what i didn't expect and was impressed by was the quality of the Matrix's story. I'm a fan of any sort of endeavor that prods our assumptions about the nature of reality or generally disrupts our habitual worldviews, so, discovering that Earth may be nothing more than an elaborate virtual make-believe-land constructed and maintened by A.I. puppetmaster captors pretty much fits that bill. Comatose humans feeding souless machines! Neat! D says HBO is playing the whole trilogy and so we intend to catch #2 tonight..... I can't wait.

"I'll show you how deep the Rabbit Hole goes"

I've been thinking, maybe i should just do it - you know, pursue filmaking/acting in some fashion - and do it right now - despite it being "unrealistic," "impractical" and highly "doomed to failure." Why? Well, why not? So what if it fails, makes no money and is frustrating/depressing/not respected by family/acquaintences? Most importantly, if i was to try it out, it may circumvent a potential future of regret and ambivalence about "what-could-have-been" and "what-i-really-was-meant-to-be." How will i know my potential if i don't explore? And actually, in a way, a failure could be an awesome GIFT when you think about it since i'd be relieved to reduce my potential career/interest list by one. That's one less option to twist my heart-mind up in a knot of confusion! Too many choices can be overwhelming afterall. Then, when/if i later move on to pursue a more pragmatic, guaranteed career tract, ie: counseling/pysch, it would be all the more comfortable for me.

WHY NOT WHAT THE HELL GO FOR IT WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO LOSE YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL YOU TRY LIFE IS SHORT DO WHAT FEELS RIGHT LISTEN TO YOUR GUT BELIEVE IN YOUR VISION & BE WHO YOU WERE MEANT TO BE

Right? Listen to the cliches when they makes sense? Right

D is making a new blog. YAY. The theme will be World of Warcraft. VERY COOL. Its something he'll have no trouble discussing. It will flow. It will keep him entertained. He'll be interested and interesting. People will love it. In fact, he's behind me looking for skins right now. And I'm excited!!! He's so creative, you know? You never know what he's gonna come up with next! =) I love his uniqueness. And his ability to dive into what captures his desires, regardless of what others may think. He's great, that D. Just GREAT.


Incidentally, check out some sexy music from this amazing game. We've come a long ways from Pitfall baby.

I think cookies are like, a trigger food for me or something. They're making me crazy. Crazy. CRAZY. Crazy ravenous. I want to stuff them in my face. Stuff them in my face!

No comments: