Mar 10, 2006

Its still sinking in

I didn't get my own job.

They took it away and gave it to someone else. Words can not begin to describe the frustration.

The anger.

The embarrassment.

The hurt.

The bewilderment.

I don't understand and there was no hint of an explanation offered. "We'd hate to lose such a talented and wonderful person," so a conciliatory position in the dysfunctional Bursar's office was offered. Oh and p.s. - its a temporary position but [cough, cough] you're invited to apply! How nice! How very considerate. After sticking it out for 5 months, leaving another to accept their offer, and putting all my hopes and efforts into it (working through lunches, staying late, volunteering, constantly going above and beyond.)

Thanks.

Thanks alot.

Now what.

Now what do I do? I needed that job. I wanted it too. How can they do this? How can they give it to me and then take it away? And with no explanation? Not even an apology. I don't understand. I don't understand it. What am I going to do.

1 comment:

lady godiva said...

i'm so sorry....