Mar 2, 2006

10 Questions to Get You Moving

Very nice, I think.... Will have to try to remember this list....

 

10 Questions to Get You Moving
by Michele Caron

So many times we just feel stuck.  We have a task or situation
in our life, where we know something needs to be done, but we
just can't bring ourselves to take any action.

One of the most important things you can do in such situations
is…Anything!  Just getting moving can be the most important
thing.  It's just like the concept of inertia in physics.
Sometimes a lot of energy is required to start something moving,
but then once it is moving, it has momentum, and can carry on
without that much energy.

So, here are some questions you can pose to yourself that may
get you moving.  Not all of these will apply to all situations,
but I challenge you to use at least one of these on yourself in
an area where you feel stuck!

1.  What could be done such that I would never have to deal with
   this problem again?

2.  What are three ridiculously simple things I could do to make
   progress in this area?

3.  What if I didn't care one way or the other how this turns out,
   but just got it done because I already decided to, and then I
   wouldn't have to worry about it anymore?

4.  What if I just did it for *five* minutes, and if I don't like
   it, I can stop?

5.  How wonderful will it feel to have this finished?  What are
   the benefits for me?

6.  How can I break this down into smaller chunks?

7.  What is the nicest thing I can do for myself here?  Which is
   truly the better investment in myself and my future? Delay?
   Or get it done so I can really enjoy myself and reap the
   benefits?

8.  How much energy could I free up by getting this off my To Do
   list?

9.  What kind of person do I really want to be?  Will taking
   action on this bring me closer to that?  Then what am I
   waiting for???

10. What action could I take that would be a revolutionary
   advancement for me…Something that I or no one else would
   ever have guessed that I could do?

I hope that you try asking yourself some of these things
anywhere that you need to make some progress!

Copyright © Michele Caron, 2006

1 comment:

Matt said...

That's a good list. I normally specialize in getting stuck and staying stuck, but I realize getting unstuck wouldn't be a bad thing to try out on occassion.