Oct 31, 2005

On the Bright Side

  • I have the cutest most wonderful little puppy EVER - that plays and cuddles with me everyday.
  • I have A JOB. It may not be perfect but I am still so thankful to have it. A source of income brings me comfort and relief. Things could be alot worse. And it's so close I can walk there. My coworkers are super nice and I could see us becoming friends! (regardless of whether I/they stay.)
  • Working makes me feel better about myself and life. I feel more productive
    and useful. I feel like I actually do have skills and something to offer. I'm not a complete dumbo afterall.
  • The job helps me believe that I am actually a patient, calm and kind person. I realize this sometimes by observing my coworkers who, although are nice people, sometimes still behave in ways that range from wildly inappropriate to mildly abrasive or inpatient which is sad and dissapointing.
  • The Cutie loves me. And I love him. Very much. And although life is not easy for him, and he is in constant physical pain, he still finds a way to make me laugh every single day. We are in a loving, committed relationship which seems to grow every day. This is a big accomplishment after having some very difficult moments at first as we had to radically adjust our lifestylesliterally overnight to be with each other. We never had the benefit of the dating and "getting to know you" stage like most couples since I flew here and moved in on the same day. Talk about pressure! It hasn't always been easy, and in hindsight maybe we were a little crazy, but look at us now - we did it! And for that I'm very grateful. Endlessly grateful. I not only love him, I like him too. And that's pretty cool.
  • Internet access. This computer. You! Blogging has been the most amazing experience. It really has become an important part of my life that I just love.
  • We have a super fabulous new car which means no more stressing about repairs or breakdowns every time I drive it. This is definately the first time in my life when having a contingency plan involving tow trucks and cab money wasn't the foremost priority in my mind since up until now, I've never not driven a raggedy hoopty. What a relief!! Boy do I love that car!!! I can't wait to drive it more often.
  • My Dad seems to be responding well to his chemo. Each dose has lowered his bloodcount considerably which is good news.
Oh CRAP!

It's Halloween today!!

Why didn't you tell me?!

Trick'or'treaters are ringing the doorbell but we don't have candy! I totally forgot. Actually, it didn't really occur to me that we'd get the little ones here since we're in an apartment. But shiat, that's good thinkin on their part actually. In fact, I wish I'd thought of that as a kid! Think how quickly you could rack up the goodies!!! Like BAM BAM BAM, mega treats in every hallway!

Where was I? hmmmmmm... What else... Well, actually, I'm starving, I'm going to get a snack and maybe add more to my gratitude list later. I guess I'm just trying to remind myself - point out - the good things too. I think so much of life is about perspective. If 5 good things and 5 bad things happen to me during a day, which of those things will I take with me when I go home? Do I forget the good? Do I dwell on the bad? How much time to I devote to what? What do I choose to focus on?

I know what The Cutie would but on his gratitude list: COV is starting today. This is like, the highlight of his year. My god he is so ecstatic.. Too cute.

No comments: