Oct 8, 2005

I got stuck in an elevator with a man who didn't speak English and

that was the highlight of my day. The porter had to pry us out. It was hot and humid and I focused my attention to the cement in front of my eyes so I wouldn't lapse into panic when wondering about whether there was enough air. It didn't take long though, and I still made it to work in time. Lucky I left a half an hour early!

Finished work at 2:30 but I still feel run over by a truck. Chaos, disorder, frantic fearful coworkers intimidated by the long-winded doctor. Finger pointing and white lies by frazzled workers trying to dodge responsibility for things they shouldn't yet be expected to do. And then there's me stuck in the middle. One person ordering me to do one thing and then being scolded by someone else for doing it. Either being barked at to do obvious things, or vital information is witheld. Once I know how to do everything (on my own) it should be much better. I won't have to rely on unqualified/impatient/jumpy coworkers for my support. But for now, what a headache!

1 comment:

Thalasos said...

Dear Indigo
I have a blog wrote in spanish.
It's all about job in funny mood.
I Have a Links section it calls Nice States where have links from your country.
Except for the one to post secret blog, all of them has something to do with work, jobs and money scarce.
It's not a commercial blog, but a personal one.
I would like to link your blog from mine.
Let me know if you desagree.
Nice posting style, anyway.
Bye