Oct 6, 2005

Should I get a nose job? I really like Lana's nose on Smallville. Which of her features makes her so beautiful?

Day 3 of the Medical Office job, but in actuality, it felt more like Day 1 since for the first time there were patients (LOTS OF THEM), 2 doctors, and 3 additional coworkers on site. 3 of us are brand new, 2 reasonably new. What a mess! Total chaos. Total disorder. Total panic attacks all around me. Given the circumstances, I must say I'm quite happy with myself. I was dilligent about staying calm despite other being constantly pressured by impatience and anxiety. My goal was to absorb as much information as possible under the circumstances and tune out the extraneous tension. I think I accomplished it! I learned alot and enjoyed the challenge.

When I came home I walked the Hot Dog, ate the take-out lo-mein The Cutie surprised me with and now we're watching Smalville together. So, I guess this begins our routine! I kinda like it! And I think it will be good for our relationship to have some time apart. We can look forward to seeing eachother at night instead of staring at each other all morning, day and night.

Seakitty is having a baby!

Wow!

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!

Big news!

I've been thinking alot about the concept ever since I moved in with The Cutie. Will I ever have kids? Would I be a good parent? Will the Cutie ever want them? How would they affect our relationship? Sometimes I think it would be awesomely fun. Sometimes I think it will never happen. I don't know. I talked to my friend Anj about it over the weekend. She's concerned that she's not ready because she still has "issues" and can be "critical" and wouldn't want to put a little one through that. I told her that for the decade+ that I've known her, I've always considered her to be one of the most nurturing, loving, thoughtful and kind people I've ever known. And even if she was critical, at least she, unlike most people, would be self-aware enough to be able to recongnize the feelings and mold her behavior accordingly. Also, I made the point that she shouldn't expect herself to be perfect. And if she was to wait until she was perfect, it could be too long! And that's ok! We don't have to be perfect - not for our children, each other or even ourselves. And be expecting and embracing that, we model for our children that that's okay! We don't have to hate ourselves for making mistakes! The best thing we can do is talk about that and process it as a part the human experience and try to constantly learn and improve ourselves along the way.

Ok then. So now that I think about it, maybe i don't need a nosejob afterall.

1 comment:

kristinb said...

Yah, nosejobs always freak me out a little. Look what happened to Jennifer Grey. She got a nosejob and no one recognizes her. Besides, I think she looked better pre-nosejob in my humble opinion. I guess there can be cases when it is appropriate, but I'm not a big believer in plastic surgery just for vanity. But, I think people can be beautiful no matter what if it is there on the inside. I especially hate those extreme make-over shows where they give everyone plastic surgery and try to make them look a certain way. Our ideas about beauty in this culture are totally screwed up anyway. Anyway, what if Michael Jackson had never gotten plastic surgery? He would look so much better and he wouldn't have problems with his nose falling off.