Oct 4, 2005

Hi Mom and Dad,

Hi Mom and Dad,
I'd say it was - well - i guess - mediocre.... Easier to describe over the phone, but it seems like possibly some difficult personalities to contend with (mainly.) I'll play it by ear and try not to make too many judgments yet. It took only a couple minutes to get there... About a 1/2 mile away, which we like! The office manager (who's also new) is trying to figure things out herself but alluded to the possibility of creating a "tech" like position to do the visual fields and eye photographs. I might like that so I wouldn't have to be confined to a desk with iffy coworkers and cranky elderly New Yorkers. (I understand the front desk people regularly get earfulls.) We'll see. I'll keep you posted.



On 10/4/05, parents wrote:
How did it go today?
I talked with my contact lens lady yesterday, and told her you would actually be working with patients. I asked her if you could learn a lot in the office setting like that. She said you could, and that after awhile you would need some additional training, but it was definitely possible to learn quite a lot.
We'll be anxious to hear what you thought today.

Love, Mom & Dad

No comments: