Mar 20, 2005

Auntie Evelyn is in ICU

"She called 911 last night," the 2 sentence email simply said.
The woman who refused to see a doctor for nearly all of her spritely 90 plus years of life called 911.

I can't believe it! When finally after all these years i was going to get to see her and spend that quality time she's always asked for and would have given me if only i had made it happen. Its my fault. Mine completely. I've neglected her my entire adult life and now i'm going to lose her. There's so much i could've learned from her. So many questions i have about who she is, where's she been and nearly century of her experiences. So many secrets about life that she's been ready to impart to me - if only i'd taken the time to receive them.

I wanted her to meet Dave.

I wanted him to meet her - to hear the infamous Auntie Evelyn laugh that tumbles easily and as hearty as a child: true and pure: full of life: enveloping even the hardest of cynics with contagious delight.

And now..... ? The difference of 10 days.

I'm not ready for her to die.

No comments: