Nov 9, 2004

Official Proclamation: Transformation Complete!

I wasn't sure. I was hesitant to believe it, and way more hesitant to state it. What if its a hoax? A stroke of short-lived luck? Another cruel joke of the universe tantalizing and stoking my fires in effort to further dash and devastate them later? But now, dare i say it? Proclaim an alternate state of affairs? Afterall, a solid 6 month stretch seems to have elapsed, with the minor exception of a mere few contradictory moments. Yes, i think it is the time! I think it, and also i feel it. I feel it so deeply i'm finally difinitely unafraid to say,


I
AM
HAPPY



Last night, inspiration hit, leading me on a midnight mission; a walk to the store to secure the following items a) a deck of cards and b) 1 Red Bull to medicate D's caffeine deficicency. Upon my return, we sat cross legged over a red sheet spread over the studio floor and D proceeded to teach me the finer points of Texas Holdem as i doled out equal stacks of pennies, nickles, and quarters before us. We played and laughed together for hours until we retired to bed where we brought the sun up with vigororous delight.

Everything is fun now.

I can't stop laughing.

I chase him around our single room studio while defiantly insisting , "i'm not following you or anything like that," and he laughs back at me, shaking his head.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Yay! :) What's Holdem, anyway?

IB said...

Poker!