Feb 20, 2006

We done did things!

First we went to a doggie meetup in the city! The Cutie drove like a maniac (in my opinion) and I almost puked from terror of his raging driving. But, fear not, we made it. We arrived and OOPS, it was French Bulldog day - not
day like we expected! But neverfear-no worries. We came back the next day and this time there were in face at least 20 other
with their humans!

Haha, look at what i just found on accident while surfing for doggie pics. Psychotically cool!! The Cutie said its going to give him nightmares... haha! Click the link! (You won't be sorry.)

On the way to the meetup, I saw something crazy in the corner of my eye. Some sort of wild flurry of sorts. WHAT IS THAT?! I excitedly exclaimed to The Cutie, but he was too busy swearing at and dodging crazy New York cab drivers who were swerving to and fro. There was a furious bobbing about and some sort of white confetti in the air above the heads of a crowd of people packed together that looked like this (but street level):






And can you guess what it was? The Cutie didn't believe me when I said it... I had to race home and look it up on the internet... And sure enough was right. Can you guess? Can you guess? Should I tell you now? Do you want to know? Ok I'll tell you..... It was a.....













PILLOWWWW FIGHTTTTTT!!!!!







Yes! That's right. A PILLLLLOW FIGHHHHT!!!!! HA!!!!






Yes, a real live bonified New York City pillowfight. See it here .






I so love New York City.


I mean, how cool is that?!




So..... we've been watching alot of Olympics, The Cutie and I. And is it just me, or is the ice skating Gerry Springerish this year? IE: the italian couple that tripped on top of each other at the end of their routine and then conducted a stare down in the middle of the ice in front of an international audience. Then, they waited for their scores and scowled, slouched and refused to make eye contact with eachother. And then, today, before starting their last routine, they STILL weren't looking or speaking to eachother! Now that they finished a moment ago, they were kissy faced buddies again, embracing and making nice. Huh?!

Anyway, all of this ice skating business got The Cutie and I plotting... HOW ABOUT GOING ICE SKATING? It sounded fun and we agreed to going for it, but to be honest, with The Cutie's back, and fatigue, and pain, I didn't really think it would happen. BUT GUESS WHAT!

WE WENT ICE SKATING!!

Perhaps not a big deal to most, but a blood-tingling mind-blowing hair-raising rip-roaring like-WOW MIRACLE for us. And I was SO scared. Sooooooo scared. The last (and only) time I've been skating was when I was about 10 years old. I thought for sure I was going to kill myself. I thought for sure I would be utterly unable to stand up on the ice. I thought for sure I was going to continuously fall leading to broken bones and painful paralyzation. The Cutie on the other hand, I found out, is an avid skater having been on an ice hockey team as a youngster, and he patiently held my hand, guiding me around and around the rink, dodging tiny tot landlmines thickly scattered every few yards. (And we thought we were so smart going on a Monday to avoid the crowd! Didn't think about it being a holiday and all.) But it was so fun anyway. I've been thinking about it ever since and can't wait to do it again!

1 comment:

JM said...

How can you go wrong with cute weiner dogs and talking pugs? Loved the pictures and the link. Glad to hear the ice skating worked out for you; the one and only time I did it I broke a toe.