Feb 13, 2006

Blizzard!

The puppy nipped out a few of her stitches which caused me to brave yesterday's storm to purchase her emergency first aid supplies, (and diet coke for The Cutie.) But first, a little digging was required to access the vehicle. Check this out!


(This is a car.)
Image hosting by Photobucket
(From the back)

Image hosting by Photobucket
View from the front, looking over the hood


Image hosting by Photobucket
Side view - (from a front angle)


And dammit, I have a cold! It really messes up my bragging rights. I love being able to gloat how I haven't been sick in 6 years. Now I've got nothin. 101.6 temp on Friday left me a bit light headed and sniffly. No fever now but a scratchy throat. Being sick brings back childhood memories of staying home from school drinking "pop" and watching daytime tv on the couch. I always felt so nurtured by my Mom when I was sick. She'd buy me coloring books and crayons. Popsicles. Even gave me a little bell if I had a sore throat and couldn't call her!! It's no wonder people become hypochnodriacs with such loving treatment and attention.

Did you get snow too?

26 inches over here by some estimates. Wow! I must say, I do love snow, it doesn't bother me at all! I think I'll miss it if we move to the dessert in a couple years as The Cutie desires.
He had his second back decompression last week. So far, no positive results, although they say it can take up to two months before the effects take hold. We're cautiously hopeful I guess you could say. Though honestly, not very optimistic. If it doesn't work, the next step will be real, bonified surgery. A dangerous, difficult step we've been hoping to avoid.

Are you watching the Olympics?

We've caught some iceskating, speed skating, women's ice hockey (sweet!), and the ::cough cough:: embarrassing opening ceremonies. I tried to maintain a positive outlook about that too but come on, plastic life sized cows? And waltzing milkmaids? For the OLYMPICS??! Not exactly grand, and inspirational. (Though funny!)

So I've been avoiding posting lately because I've been so MAD and frustrated lately. Mostly about the job situation. It just seems like I'll never get a break! The latest frustation is with the new job at the college. Once again I had the rug pulled out from underneath me after it turns out 1) it will pay much less than I was led to believe and 2) they still have to publically "post" the position which means 3) its back to the drawing board, ONCE AGAIN as the job is not officially mine as I was also led to believe. At no point was it suggested that the job was not offically mine - I was put on payroll, given a staff ID card, staff parking sticker, and even added as the Asst to the Pres in the college directory!!! It was already a sacrifice to work only part-time during this "transitional" 5 month phase and now after all this time to find out it may have been for nothing anyway - well - its just SO FRUSTRATING!

Will I ever get a job?!

(And I'm not even talking about a good one.) Just A job.

I really want to have more than 83 cents in the bank!

Aye Carumba!

No comments: