Nov 18, 2005

Hello Out There

I felt much less depressed today. Maybe its because I kept myself busy driving and shopping. Buying and returning. Driving and shopping. Buying and returning. Staying busy does help, I think, if for no other reason, it provides distraction. When there's an empty day, it makes me restless. Guilty. Ashamed. I start diving inside and feel a long dark inner hole. I start thinking about the futility of life and how nice it would be to believe in a god or fate or at least some sort of universal synronicity. Some order to things.

Trying to get the place a little spruced up so The Cutie won't have to return to a mess. Throwing out boxes, emptying the trash, vacuuming, laundry, changing the sheets. I love the shiny red vacuum I bought today - it picked up so much dirt it blew my mind - a blob about the size of a container of a gallon of milk. (I saved it to show The Cutie.) It's amazing how quickly dirt accumulates. I really need to do a thorough cleaning of the bathroom and kitchen floor. How do people keep up? And we're only in a studio. So much work for invisible results.

2 comments:

SeaKitty said...

hi! how have you been. i'm on my way back.

you definately seem to be doing the depression dance. that's ok. it sucks when you realize it, but it's a sure sign you're trying to figure a way out.

you've come back to writing. i like that. i hope it helps you. and that other little journal thing you've mentioned...i'm sure that's good for you too.

you'll get there.

IB said...

Thanks Seakitty. I'm glad you're back. I missed you!