Jun 9, 2005

Less Than Wonderful but

hanging in there.

Perusing Craigslist primarly and emailing my resume about town: fishing for some sort of bite. Supposedly a local temp agency that I signed up with has had something on the table for me but can't seal the deal yet due to an inability to get ahold of the client. This seems strange. Is it a solid deal, or isn't it? The client (my potential new BOSS) needs an "Excecutive Assistant" who is "presentable and well-spoken." Although it endlessly flattering to be considered an appropriate fit, i must admit, i do feel i must have somehow snowed the temp agency for them to believe that would be me. They couldn't see through the clumsy act? Lately, i've felt particularly worthless. Actually I haven't been this (depressed) for a long time. I cry at the drop of the hat throughout the day: doing dishes, watching tv, joking with the Cutie. Despite that, The Cutie manages to keep me laughing at his silly antics. A pretty impressive feat considering his own malaise. I guess we have to just keep each other going. Things will turn around. Like Omega advises, one step at a time. =)

(Perhaps i'll employ him as my new Guru.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

After watching 'Penn & Teller: Bullshit', I've decided to become a 'life coach' after I retire. No qualifications necessary, and boatloads of money.

I take Visa, AmEx, and bags of cookies.

IB said...

HAhaha!! That's great Omega

SeaKitty said...

funny. my step-dad actually took some life coach classes and i don't know what else, but he's working on the side as a life coach now. i call and they tell me we must hang up because he has a phone appointment at whatever time.

my parents have almost no retirement savings. i think they're not joking about me having to take care of them very soon. they're like, get on the ball! get out of school and start making money! they don't want to live with me, but i know they're afraid they'll have to.