Jan 28, 2021

Dear Donna

Reflections on Fear & Self-Worth. Perfectionism/Control

Yesterday I struggled to answer your question, "What is the fear re: calling your Aunt," and the only thing that came to mind was, "the unknown". Today almost immediately after the fishbowl began I thought, "Oh! Maybe I could have/should have done this!" (The unknown) And both yesterday's experience essentially being your coachee, and today's fishbowl showed me that although every question might not hit as equally powerfully, it in no way minimized the overall value of the session. There was no judgment there. No tragedy. Only appreciation and growth.


Also, getting to experience firsthand the fearless, direct way in which you followed your gut while posing probing questions was an extremely interesting and helpful experience. I discovered, as "client", that not only was this a welcomed approach, it was a liberation - permission to cut the bs & speak powerfully in truth. "My intuition is NEVER wrong." Is a statement that rang out and continues to resonate long after you so boldly asserted it that still makes me laugh. So great! I want this confidence!

No comments: