May 8, 2010

Running Strong

I keep hearkening back to the past few months. It was such a short time ago that I was ecstatic to have jogged 30 full seconds of 4 mph jogging- a moderate walking speed for some. The only way I could get through the discomfort was to count backwards in syncopation with my footfalls. (The radio required too much concentration & I was in WAY too much pain to think). A couple weeks later I had a breakthrough & pushed that to an agonizing 60 seconds.

I was

SO.

PROUD.

Then 2 minutes, then five... I blocked out the screaming desire to quit and forced myself to finish each baby mini-goal. Small as they may seem they were MY victories & I celebrated each of them!

And last night? 6 miles in the bank! Sure it took an hr & half but 1 thing at a time, but,

I'm DOING IT!

Me!

A person who HATES running, found it bewildering & chalked up runners as genetically gifted freaks of nature. (Darn them!)

So friends, if you are contemplating getting moving – whatever the form, just

GO FOR IT!
PUSH THROUGH &
DON'T GIVE UP!!!

You'll be SO glad, & SO PROUD that you did.

Because if a former hater like me can do it so can YOU!

OH and PS: the little payoffs along the way are pretty sweet too. Last night I noticed traces of a collarbone! Cha-ching! emoticon

No comments: