Jan 8, 2006

I started the new job on Thursday.

How was it? It's hard to say quite yet.. Very unusual beginning....
I didn't do much other than snoop through filing cabinets
and stuff to orient myself. No one is there to train me/tell
me what I should be doing yet. The President simply pointed out the
out and in boxes on his desk then handed me a rather
large stack of papers/letters/correspondance/files. I guess I
was supposed to figure out what to do with it all. Haha.
Not gonna happen. I pretty much left a pile for Mary,
The woman who's position I'm taking who'll be back on
Monday.

The office setting is intimidating! But good I think?
My coworker if fabulous. Very down to earth and really
seems to appreciate me to no end. (I don't know why!)
Its nice to see people I recognize in the halls. The level
of friendliness of the school is UNREAL. The president
seems stressed but laughs alot which I like. I'll know more
soon.

2 comments:

JM said...

Congratulations; the karma sounds much improved from the old job.

IB said...

thanks! =))

it is.