Jan 10, 2006

A day off and

what will we be doing? 

Recycling the (I-kid-u-not) 6+ trash bags (as in - the  large black hefty bag type) of empty diet coke cans that have accumulated in our small studio apartment kitchen.  AS WELL as the extraneous grocery bags in the car/kitchen overflowing with cans.  At .05  cents a shot, the Cutie and I are wagering as to just how much moila we're gonna score off feeding them into the noisy/stinky Pathmark recycling machines.   He's going with 60 bucks.  So I'm gonna go with $60.01 Show-Case-Show-Down style.   Hey - this is serious buisness!  Winner takes all!  And after last months measly 28 hours of work & xmas purchases I'm hurtin!   Bad.

Anybody got some extra cans?

Donations accepted.

So, I started my new job last Thursday.  Did I tell you that yet?  I can't remember.  My office/receiving area is so crazy huge.  Vaulted ceilings, gigantous chandelier, couch, oak panneled cabinets, FIREPLACE, oriental rug, etc.   Its so... so......austere.....  Formal...... Intimidating!!    I kinda feel like I'm playing house or something.  Or should I say work.  Though I can't say I ever pictured myself working in someone's formal living room before.  I didn't interact much yet with The Pres. because he was highly busy, and stressed, and running back and forth.  The most he did was point out two wooden boxes on his desk: "In" and an overflowing "Out."   He pushed his hands under the foot high stack, handed the files/letters/documents to me and turned back to whatever he was typing on his laptop and I scurried back to my palace where I sorted it all into two of my own piles:  things I can figure out what to do with, and things that I don't have a clue what to do with.   Hopefully next time I go through this exercise, there actually BE something in the first pile.  

I wish Mary, the retiring woman who I'll be replacing in 6 months, could overlap with me now.   I mean, what's the point of my working 2 days a week now without a hint of direction or assistance?   At least my coworker (the Pres' 2nd assistant) is ultra wonderful.   I think we'll figure things out together since she's relatively new herself.

And as for the 2nd job from Hell in the medical office.  I let the Doc know about my second job to which she had no real reaction with the exception of asking, "is it just the hours or is it that you're unhappy with it here?"   And I said (very diplomatically), "BOTH."    I didn't know if I wanted her to pursue elaboration or not as at this point, I'm so enraged about her condescention and nasty insensitivies that I don't know how I could be honest without berating her.   I've dissapointed myself a little bit since therapy I've been really wanting to focus on speaking up, expressing anger and airing my truth.   Obviously, its a journey and won't happen over night.   Knowing when and how much seems to require alot of judgment calls.  There are so many variable to weigh in regards to the consequences.



2 comments:

SeaKitty said...

you're not kidding about being broke after the holiday's. i've been working overtime...

Hannah said...

SO... how much did the cans add up to? :)