Dec 21, 2004

Guess what? I weighed myself here and discovered i've lost 35 pounds. 35 pounds! I suspected i'd lost something, but whoa! That's alot! I'm pretty tickled since i haven't been "dieting" per se. More-so, it seems to be evidence that after years of hard work, my eating disorder has (dare i say?) difinitively subsided. Amazing. Shocking. Thrilling. Hard to believe. And i am SO grateful. So deeply awed and grateful.
Wow.

So, guess where i am? Out of state visiting the folks for 11 days! D bought the ticket. Pretty nice? No? I think so. This will be by far the longest stretch i will have seen them in over 10 years. I've been anxious; ie; nervous, but so far, its been remarkably smooth. There's been lots of activity (well, for my typically catatonic-self, not for a normal person, that is.) And there will be lots more of activity to come with visitng relatives, cooking and shopping and whatnot.

My folks have an incredible home on the water. Immaculate. And beautifully decorated. Huge open spaces with wood floors and persian carpets. Endless wide windows overlooking the sea. Lovely works of art; colored glass, figurines, rich jewel tonedTu rk ish wall hangings, gold leafed mirrors and exotic lamps. Its bright and spacious. Spotless. And just all around pleasant to be in. Far far far from the home i grew up in. (Dark and cramped. Clausterphopic and opressive.) Its like a dream home.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Congratulations and good luck! :)

Hope you had a great time.