Oct 22, 2012

Blogging Again?

There was a time, long before most people had heard of "blogging",  that I wrote here daily.  I made it very easy on myself.  It didn't matter what I wrote,  or the quality of what I wrote.   My goal was simply to get in the daily practice of recording my thoughts.  Raw.  To let go of judgement.  And of agendas.  And expectations.  The result was a free-er mind, and more genuine words.  Straight from the heart.  Inevitably, it became a therapeutic process - one that I began to look forward to.

That was a great time that I think of often.   At that time I was single.  And quite alone.   Anonymity freed me to be unhinged, direct, and impolite.  I wrote as swiftly as I thought.  I feel like the only reason (which is a big reason) I don't take it up again is that I am no longer single and now feel an obligation to censor my thoughts and feelings in a way that protects him.  It's not that I have terrible things to hide, it's just that, full-scale uninhibited ranting takes on a new meaning when there are real life people involved. How is he supposed to know what is true, and what is dramatic license?   It seems like now, the effects of revealing every single passing thought could be disastrous?

On the other hand, I miss that freedom.  That truth.  That quality, therapeutic "me" time.  I miss sharing and connecting with my (few) readers.  

So, a dilemma.  What do I do?

No comments: