Dec 10, 2005

Good News!

I had an interview back at the college that I temped at before getting my current crappy job, and turns out, I'm going to start as the President's Executive Assistant in January! It's only part-time for the first four months, but still - It's a start. And will pay far better than any other job I've had before. Plus they couldn't have been any kinder and complimentary in the interview. His other assistant said I was "a real renaissance woman" and said I was "warm" and "dignified" and "intelligent" and "perfect for the job" and a bunch of other unbelievably flattering things. Talk about a confidance boost! I haven't felt so wanted and appreciated in a long time. What a change. Can you believe it? Even though its just clerical nonesense, I feel honored and happy nonetheless. I mean, its not like I'm on the road to doing something I'm more personally suited for anyway. At least I know alot of people there already and they're nice, and he's nice, and the campus is beautiful and peaceful.

And I love that school.

And I love school.

I love being around people who care about learning and who are engaged and involved and growing.

Oh and we had a wicked snow storm which is highly exciting. Gi-normous dandruff flakes falling on the rooftops.

And also a couple of my first cousins flew into town today whom I haven't seen in years. They are here to visit another first cousin who just had a baby and hopefully we'll all get together. Haven't really spent time with any of the cousins since we officially became "adults" but some of my happiess childhood memories are playing kick the can or swimming at the lake together.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S !




We got that snow, too, down here in DC. But not nearly as much as New Yawk. Weird being away from Hawaii, ain't it?

IB said...

VERY