Mar 6, 2021

Doing the right thing for the wrong reasons.


Giving gifts.  Helping people. Being a friend.  Teaching.  Being a counselor. Therapist.  Wellness practitioner.  Doctor.  Social activist. Social justice 'warrior". And so on... 

Good intentions does not guarantee good results. 

In what ways is "helping" oppressive?  Limiting?  Dogmatic?  Control? 

Self-check: 

Am I attached to the results? 

Is my happiness or peace of mind dependent on this process? 

What is my desired outcome?  (Do I have one?  When?  What is it? Am I check-ing in on these thoughts and feelings?  Is there awareness?  Is there a dialogue here that I can tune into and be present of?  And then, what's next?)

How do I self-regulate and manage this dynamic?  

#HelpingProfessions #Expectations #Growth









No comments: