Mar 19, 2012

It's 2012 - And Time for a Post

Looking at the sidebar here, there's a certain sense of amazement as I see posts spanning back to 2004.    My "blogger buddies" are now a bunch of expired links.  I wonder where my old friends are these days and how they're doing?   I scan some of my earliest posts and I feel transported to another time.    Who was I, who am I now and how have I changed?  Today I am 38 and beginning to feel like a real adult.  When I began I was 30, lost and completely alone.  Since I've lost every journal, every paper, every piece of artwork and photo during the move to New York, I feel like this place is now my greatest, most true personal time-capsule.   And although I have great misgivings about what is here, and the risks of continuing - there's a part of me that craves it again.

I've begun creating other blogs, experimenting with social media, affiliate marketing, blogging as a career.  I wonder whether I should come back here and continue writing anonymously the seedier more private parts of me.  This has always been the most therapeutic, most honest home for me.  Wouldn't it be nice to have that extra monetization incentive to continue?  Wouldn't it be nice to be "self-employed" doing something I love?  The closer I get to making this a reality, the more joyous I feel.   Independence and freedom has always been the answer.  Truth and connection is my passion.  

I will ponder.....

No comments: