May 31, 2009

medication needed

depression is a bitch. it won't leave me alone. again and again it rears its ugliness. i'm sick of it. sick.

the last car in the parking lot, i creep through darkened hallways and an empty campus.
i work like a dog during the week. i dress for success. i'm showered with appreciation and praise. the fruits of my labor set me apart. how glorious. what strength!
driving home i ask the road, "who cares," and "what's the point"
then, at home, on weekends, my soft underbelly is exposed and i crumble.
can i be happy?
i don't know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow just read your last May post. I hope you have found the root of your depression and that you have been able to conquer it.

For me, I realised that my self worth was governed about how I was brought up. Once I had identified that, I was able to move forward.
Make no mistake, it can still be hard sometimes, when doubt creeps in. But as I know the cause, I can then apply the cure and am good again.

I hope you too find the path that leads away from depression!

IB said...

Thank you, "anonymous" - what a wonderful comment. I appreciate your thoughts and time.