Jul 6, 2006

FOUL

Disgust.  Utter overflowing disgust.  I can't begin to express the foulness of this feeling.  And it seems like I'll be pulled under the reprehensible blanket incompetence too if I continue here.  In the departement.  In this school?  I mean, this stuff is important!  In many cases crucial to people lives!  Their degrees their money.  $20,000 a year is no joke.  I'd want to know that the people billing me had a clue.   I'd want to know the people totalling up my credits could count.  Ok I'm exaggerating, or, am I?   I want someone who gives a shit!  I want someone who's intelligent enough to see there are problems even if they don't yet know how to fix them.  I WANT TRAINING!!!!   I'm a hard worker who gives a damm and will go to great lengths to see a job well done.  But it's irrelevant if I'm told to do things that require information that is not given.  If I ask basic questions, her face goes red, her voice rises and she angrily repeats again again things quite unrelated.  Why?  Why?!   Is she crazy?  Is she stupid?  Is she... defensive because she doesn't know either?  Does she just not know how to communicate?  Listen to and respond?  Interpret verbal dialogue?  What can it be?  Regardless, I am NOT the Registrar!  So how is it that she's demanding a sign important verficiation documents and use the college seal?  I don't even have a title for goodness sake!  I don't even have an offical job yet!  After all of these months, actually a year now I'm still in limbo.  Here but not here.  Employed but barely an employee.  Expected to know everything but virtually untaught.  These poor students.  Ultimately they're the ones who suffer.  And they're the ones we're supposed to be here for.  Where are they left?  Glossed over and considered inconveniences by overtaxed, frustrated workers.  Oh, I am tired.

No comments: