Apr 1, 2010

30 down, 75 to go

30 lbs down in 10 weeks! I think BiggestLoser was the impetus - the inspiration. I downloaded a couple seasons & watch it on my iphone while on the treadmill. I also listen to podcasts by Jillian Michaels, who I adore. She is a rare role model to me. The hour treadmill walk before & after work has developed into a slow jog. A couple times I dared to try outside. Recently I even contemplated 6ks and half marathons. Counting cals using on an iphone app: "LoseIt" which is awesome. Goal being about 1200 a day. Bringing food to work (for the first time ever) in my Mr.Bento. Eating every 3-4 hours. Nothing processed. Virtually off coffee. Stopped eating out which includes the frequent stops at fast food joints on the way home from work because I was famished from not eating the entire day.

I try to shop mainly at WholeFoods or TraderJoes. Whole grains, fruits, veges, tons of water (which i NEVER drank before), lean chicken breast, egg whites...I wouldn't mind going vege completely again. Eating animals never did/will sit well for me... Lost about a size every 2 weeks. (The 1st week I stopped by Sears and bought 3 duplicate pairs of black slacks, and 3 pairs of jeans in size 14, 12, and 10. I started as a tight size 16-pushing 18, and just now managed to squeeze into a 10.) What a feeling to know that if need be - I could actually go into a clothing store and actually pick something off the rack. Night and day! This all is working so well, it's been - well, it's freaky! I'm scared. Scared to get scared. Scared I will sabotage myself.

The past 2.5 weeks have been neutral though: no loss, no gain. The third week of March i volunteered in Appalachia, Eastern Kentucky . My food and time were strictly controlled by the host. Towards the end of the week, i caught a bad Kentucky bug which wiped me out last week: hacking, snotting, and sleeping. It 's only been the past few days that I've been getting back on track. Slower than i had hoped, but i am focusing on staying positive, and giving myself some space. I keep telling myself that i am not doomed. A small part of me is again, scared and unconvinced.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Congratulations, that's awesome! Keep it up!

The best thing I can possibly suggest is Spark People - www.sparkpeople.com. I've been using it for the past six+ months and I'm really happy with the calorie ranges it calculates and the exercise tracker, etc. Great stuff.

Glad to see you around!