Jun 6, 2007

I'm so tired, I feel like passing out right here on my desk.  I'd guess this is because during the last 2 weeks of "vacation" (spent at home on the couch in front of the computer/tv), The Cutie and I stayed up until the wee hours of the morning, (his typical schedule but not mine).   Now that I've been so rudely re-introduced to my job, I'm
struggling to readjust my time clock.   
 
Did I tell you that starting taking a Real Estate course?  It gives me something to do/learn/sorta dream about.  I have fantasies of fat commissions, indendence and helping people. Is this realistic or close to true? 
 
I don't know.
 
What worries me is the repeated warning from prospective agenices that I must be able to live off savings for the 1st year.  Is that even possible?  

2 comments:

rp said...

It is a brutal way to make a living for a beginner who lacks contacts and therefore lacks listings. You do need to be able to live off savings. Remember, that from listing to closing on a sale can take 6 months. And that commission ain't yours alone but must be split usually with another agent and the agency.

You might want to consider commercial real estate brokerage as an alternative to the residential. Besides, where you live, the market for agents is saturated.

Anonymous said...

you know. my old roommate is a real estate agent. and she definately had multiple jobs when she first started out. but she made it. you will too.